Chicken Tortellini Soup
What You Need:
6 Tbsp. Olive Oil (not extra virgin)
8 cloves Garlic, crushed
4 medium Onions, diced
2 (16 oz.) pkg. Sliced White Mushrooms (optional)
2 (32 oz.) pkg. Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
2 (29 oz.) cans Diced Tomatoes
Two-thirds pkg. Chopped Frozen Spinach
40-oz. Cheese Tortellini, frozen
2 Rotisserie Chickens
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic, reduce heat to medium and cook slowly until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms (optional) and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to high. Pour in broth and diced tomatoes with liquid. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, dice chicken and set aside, discarding skin and bones.
- Add frozen spinach to soup, raising heat to keep at simmer if necessary. Cook 5 minutes. Carefully add tortellini, cook 5 to 8 more minutes until pasta is just al dente. Remove from heat, and stir in diced chicken.
- Serve immediately with plenty of freshly grated parmesan.
Product names and other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark holders.
Please use safe handling and cooking procedures when preparing any food. To avoid foodborne illness, the USDA and FDA recommend thoroughly cooking meat, eggs, shellfish, poultry and fish to minimum internal temperatures as measured with a food thermometer. More information is available at http://www.fightbac.org.