Roast Pork with Cran-Orange Rice
What You Need:
2 lb. pork tenderloin
2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
? cup chopped celery, (2 large stalks)
4 cups water
2 packages Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken flavor
½ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup fresh (½ large orange) or bottled orange juice
1 tsp. grated orange zest (orange layer of peel), if using fresh orange juice (optional)
¼ cup pecan pieces, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange pork in roasting pan.
- Roast pork until meat thermometer registers 140° in center, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven, tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt Country Crock Spread in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat. Add celery and sauté, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into pan and bring to a boil. Add Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor and reduce heat to simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries, orange juice and orange zest (if using). Cook mixture 1 more minute, then remove from heat and let stand 2 minutes.
- Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with toasted pecans.
- Slice pork and serve with warm rice mixture and steamed green beans or a similar crisp green vegetable.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 370 , Calories from Fat 90 , Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 520 mg, Total Carbs 40 g, Dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 6 g, Protein 28 g, Vitamin A 20 %, Vitamin C 25 %, Calcium 6 %, Iron 15 %