Thai Chicken Veggie Rice Bowls
What You Need:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup water
¾ cup canned coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
3/4 cup uncooked jasmine rice
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
4 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons soy sauce
Dash of red pepper
Vegetables and Peanuts
1 box (7 oz) Green Giant™ frozen antioxidant blend broccoli, carrots and sweet peppers in garlic olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- In 10-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165° F).
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat Rice ingredients to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender and almost all of the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix Dressing ingredients.
- Cook vegetables as directed on box.
- Cut chicken breasts diagonally into slices. Place rice in 2 serving bowls. Arrange chicken and vegetables over top of rice. Spoon dressing over top; sprinkle with peanuts. Garnish with lime wedge, if desired. Serve immediately.
Provided courtesy of General Mills©.