We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Brown Rice with Peas and Green Onions
What You Need:
1 cup Wellsley Farms Organic Long Grain Brown Rice
3 Tbsp. Wellsley Farms Organic Coconut Oil, divided
¾ cup Wellsley Farms Frozen Organic Peas
¼ cup Rawl Green Onions, white and light green part only, sliced diagonally
Juice of ½ Tropicana Lemon (about 2 Tbsp.)
Fine sea salt or kosher salt to taste
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions using 1 Tbsp. coconut oil in place of butter or cooking oil. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 min. Fluff with fork. Cool.
- Meanwhile, cook peas in a small saucepan of boiling, salted water. Rinse under cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat remaining coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add rice and sauté until heated through, about 1 min.
- Add green onion, peas, lemon juice and pinch salt, stirring to combine, until the flavors are well blended, about 2 min.
- Serve with Grilled Swordfish with Lemon-Basil Sour Cream Sauce.
Per Serving: 280 cal. • 12g fat • 5g protein
About Chef Glenn
In his previous career as a highly successful corporate salesman, Glenn turned to cooking as a way to relax. What was a sideline passion developed into a full-blown career providing personal chef services through GCooks.com to NBA Champion LeBron James. Not bad for a self-taught cook! Today, Chef Glenn creates meal plans for a roster of pro-athlete clients that includes Pro Bowl Wide Receiver Steve Smith, NASCAR Cup Champion Jeff Gordon, and Olympic medalist Ryan Lochte. He is passionate about empowering people to create great-tasting, homestyle meals in a healthful way for the whole family to enjoy.