We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Easy Bananas Foster
What You Need:
1 cup Light Brown Cane Sugar
1 stick Unsalted Butter, softened
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
8 Bananas, yellow but firm
¼ cup banana liqueur (optional)
Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cream brown sugar, butter and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Lay bananas on their sides and cut a slit along each one's length. Pull open slightly and spread in ? of butter-sugar mixture.
- Close peels and place bananas on greased baking pan. Broil 3 to 4 minutes, monitoring carefully, until peels are blackened and bananas sink in on themselves.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Using a knife and fork, carefully free bananas from peels (CAUTION: contents may still be hot) and place in dessert dishes.
- Just before serving, drizzle with liqueur (if using) and ignite. Serve warm with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Product names and other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark holders.
Please use safe handling and cooking procedures when preparing any food. To avoid foodborne illness, the USDA and FDA recommend thoroughly cooking meat, eggs, shellfish, poultry and fish to minimum internal temperatures as measured with a food thermometer. More information is available at http://www.fightbac.org.