We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Just-the-Berries Strawberry Iced Tea
What You Need:
2 quarts + 1 cup water, divided
6 – 8 Lipton Tea Bags
2 lb. fresh Strawberries or Frozen Strawberries, plus 2 cups for garnish
1 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
2 – 3 Lemons
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add tea bags, remove pan from heat and allow it to steep exactly 5 minutes. Discard tea bags and set aside to cool.
- In a second saucepan, combine fresh or frozen strawberries, brown sugar and remaining cup of water. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Use a peeler to remove the zest (yellow part of peel) from 2 lemons, and then juice both lemons.
- Add zest and lemon juice to strawberry mixture. Return pan to stove on medium and heat until just boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Pureé mixture. Transfer to bowl and refrigerate 1½ hours.
- Pour mixture into infuser basket. Add remaining 2 cups strawberries, zest or slices from third lemon and ice. Pour in brewed tea and let infuse 30 minutes.
- Serve over ice in a glass garnished with strawberries and lemon zest.
Per Serving: 150 cal. - 0g fat - 3g fiber - 1g protein