We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Kale Comfort Stew
What You Need:
½ (1 qt.) carton low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup water
1 (16 oz.) pkg. Nature’s Greens® Kale
3 flavored chicken sausages (precooked variety), diced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 (29 oz.) can of stewed tomatoes
3 cups almond milk
2 Tbsp. curry powder
2 tsp. turmeric
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring chicken broth and water to a boil over high heat in a large pot.
- Add kale to pot. Stir, cover and reduce heat to medium and cook until kale is tender, about 20 min.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over medium-high. Add diced sausages and sauté until browned, about 3 min.
- Add sausages, tomatoes with juice, almond milk, curry and turmeric to pot. Stir, cover and simmer 30 min.
- Serve hot with fresh, crusty bread.
Per Serving: 190 cal. • 7g fat • 11g protein