We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Enchiladas
What You Need:
- 1 lb. 88% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 each Red and Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 large Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen Corn
- 1 cup Medium Salsa (preferably refrigerated variety)
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 (15 oz.) can Tomato Sauce, divided
- 4 (8") Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups Shredded Reduced Fat Mexican-Style Cheese Blend, divided
- Pinch each Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray, then add ground beef to pan. Break up with a large spoon and season with salt and pepper. Cook 1 min.
- Add pepper and onion mix to pan and stir to mix, moving uncooked meat to bottom of pan. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until meat is completely browned and vegetables tender, about 4 min. Remove from heat and drain liquid.
- Return pan to heat and stir in black beans, corn, salsa, seasonings and half of tomato sauce. Cover and cook until heated through, about 3 to 4 min.
- Spray a 4-qt. slow cooker with cooking spray. Place a tortilla in the slow cooker and top with about one-third of beef mixture. Sprinkle with a ½ cup of cheese and top with a second tortilla. Repeat, finishing with final tortilla.
- Spread remaining tomato sauce over tortilla and sprinkle with last ½ cup of cheese.
- Cover slow cooker. Cook 4 hours on LOW or 2 hours on HIGH, until hot and bubbly. Let stand for 15 min., then slice into quarters. If desired, garnish with chopped green onions, chopped avocado, chopped tomato and fresh cilantro. Serve hot with a green salad.
Per Serving: 450 cal. • 17g fat • 33g protein