We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Thai Chicken Veggie Rice Bowls
What You Need:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup water
¾ cup canned coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
3/4 cup uncooked jasmine rice
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
4 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons soy sauce
Dash of red pepper
Vegetables and Peanuts
1 box (7 oz) Green Giant™ frozen antioxidant blend broccoli, carrots and sweet peppers in garlic olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- In 10-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165° F).
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat Rice ingredients to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender and almost all of the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix Dressing ingredients.
- Cook vegetables as directed on box.
- Cut chicken breasts diagonally into slices. Place rice in 2 serving bowls. Arrange chicken and vegetables over top of rice. Spoon dressing over top; sprinkle with peanuts. Garnish with lime wedge, if desired. Serve immediately.
Provided courtesy of General Mills©.