We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Watermelon Star Cake
What You Need:
1 Seedless Watermelon
Reddi-wip: Real Cream Whipped Topping
8 oz. Organic Blueberries
8 oz. Organic Strawberries, halved
Domino Confectioners Sugar (optional, for garnish)
- Wash and dry watermelon and place it on its side on a cutting board. Using a sharp butcher’s knife, trim away both ends leaving a 3"-thick slice in the middle.
- Turn the slice flat side down. With the butcher knife, cut 5 inverted triangles around the circumference of the circle, connecting them at their edges to form a star shape. (See photo of finished dish) Set aside on paper towels for 5 minutes to drain.
- Arrange star on serving dish or cake stand. Spray whipped cream around the bottom edge, then arrange a line of blueberries over it.
- Spray more whipped cream on top of the cake and arrange strawberries and remaining blueberries.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired, and serve.
Adapted from original recipe and provided courtesy of the Watermelon Board.