Depending on where you’re from, your idea of winter varies quite a bit. Up north, you take pride in the tough weather, sledding away, shoveling and rewarding yourself with cocoa while you watch the snow fall. Down south, you relish the fair weather and dare to step outside, even keeping the outdoor party going through January. At BJ’s, we know there’s different ways to tackle the season, so we want you to show us how you’re #WinningAtWinter.
We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
If we’re about to take winter head-on, we’ll want to stock up like the best of ‘em. For that first big snowstorm, try a shovel that you’ll actually be excited to use. OK, no guarantees on that, but the AMES True Temper 26” SnoBoss Shovel really does lighten the load. Worried about snow pileup on the roof? No need — the 21’ All- Aluminum Roof Rake with Bonus Leaf Brush will keep you all clear. Dreading those commutes after a blizzard? Get the vision you need with the Berkley Jensen Snow Brush Multi-Pack, 52” & 25” — enough variety for every car in the family. And if you do lose power, the Champion Power Equipment Portable Gas Generator 7500W Running/9375W Peak has got you covered. Now look at you — fully stocked, scoffing at winter like it’s a piece of cake. And with these supplies, it will be.
- Well, after last winter…actually, let’s not talk about last winter.
- We don’t want dead branches falling on top of our cars – get chopping before it’s too late.
- We’re all for “let it snow” - just not inside. A roof rake might be your next crucial investment.
- Admit it, that shovel is so 90’s. Get an ergonomic one and say goodbye to back pain.
- Abominable Snowmen are a serious issue that we cannot take lightly.
- It’s a home, not an igloo. Replace furnace filters and stay toasty.
- Don’t let your living room become a rainforest. Avoid leaks by cleaning backup in your gutters.
- Keep ice melt ready for any occasion. You don’t want an ice rink for a driveway.
- Don’t let the wall of snow win. Gas up your snowblower and have it ready.
- Well, didn’t you miss the cold? You are a northerner, right?
In the realm of the outdoor party, the south has the experience level down pat. For one, there’s not really any blizzards to slow us down from bringing the party outside all year round. But for those more nippy nights, BJ’s has the best solutions for keeping the party going. Warm up with these two comforting recipes for a spiked Buttered Rum Cider and our Chili to Fall For – toast your drinks and dig in around our Antigua All–Weather Wicker & Aluminum Bar Set. Need to set the winter mood? Keep toasty by the Calais Propane Fireplace – a perfect background to a perfect night with friends.