We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Basic Black Bean Soup
What You Need:
4 Tbsp. Olive Oil (not extra virgin)
4 – 8 cloves Garlic, crushed (to taste)
8 Whole Carrots, finely chopped
4 medium Yellow Onions, finely chopped
8 (15.5 oz.) cans Black Beans, undrained
32-oz. pkg. Chicken Broth
4 Tbsp. Light Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Oregano
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Cumin
2 Bay Leaves
1 Tbsp. Adobo seasoning
4 Tbsp. White Vinegar
1 tsp. Black Pepper
- Heat oil in large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and all seasonings except adobo and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add vegetables and sauté, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add chicken broth, beans, brown sugar and vinegar, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until soup thickens.
- Remove bay leaves and season with adobo before serving.
Party-Ready Soup Toppings:
Serve the soup buffet-style, and provide lots of bowls filled with mix-and-match toppings. Here are a few classics: toasted Sunflower Seeds, Raisins, cubed Ham, crumbled Bacon, Guacamole, chopped Bell Peppers, shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Sour Cream.
Product names and other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark holders.
Please use safe handling and cooking procedures when preparing any food. To avoid foodborne illness, the USDA and FDA recommend thoroughly cooking meat, eggs, shellfish, poultry and fish to minimum internal temperatures as measured with a food thermometer. More information is available at http://www.fightbac.org.