We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
BBQ Breakfast Pepper-Baked Eggs
What You Need:
4 large Red/Orange/Yellow Sweet Bell Peppers, halved lengthwise & seeded
1 large Red Onion, cut in thick rings
8 large White Mushrooms
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tsp. Barbecue Sauce
1 tsp. Thyme
8 large Organic Eggs
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In bowl, toss together onions, mushrooms, oil and barbecue sauce.
- Oil grate and arrange onions and mushrooms. Cook about 10 minutes, turning once, until tender and mildly charred. Remove from grill and set aside to cool.
- Dice onions and mushrooms; transfer to bowl and toss with thyme.
- Meanwhile, grill pepper halves, turning several times, until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from grill and place cut-side-up on platter. Spoon 2 Tbsp. of mushroom mix into each half, then crack an egg over it.
- Carefully arrange peppers on oiled grill topper, close grill lid and cook 5 minutes.
- Open grill and top peppers with 2 Tbsp. of shredded cheese. Cover and cook 3 more minutes until cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately with grilled bacon and toast on the side.
Please use safe handling and cooking procedures when preparing any food. To avoid foodborne illness, the USDA and FDA recommend thoroughly cooking meat, eggs, shellfish, poultry and fish to minimum internal temperatures as measured with a food thermometer. More information is available at www.fightbac.org.