We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Dirty Rice with Shrimp
What You Need:
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
1 red onion, diced
2 stalks organic celery, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 cloves organic garlic, minced
1 ½ cups basmati rice
3 cups organic chicken broth
¼ tsp. each cayenne pepper and ground black pepper
½ tsp. each paprika and oregano
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 lb. extra-large uncooked shrimp, thawed
2 green onions, sliced
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add sausage and brown, breaking sausage apart as you stir.
- Add the onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic to pan; sauté, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 4 min.
- Add the rice and continue to cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the broth, cayenne, pepper, oregano, paprika and salt and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender, about 15 min.
- Raise the heat to medium and stir in the raw shrimp. Cover and cook just until shrimp is opaque and slightly curled, about 3 min. Don’t overcook.
- Transfer to serving dish, garnish with green onion and serve immediately.
Per Serving: 550 cal. • 17g fat • 31g protein