We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Grilled Cuban Panini
What You Need:
1 (16 oz.) American pork tenderloin
2 tsp. adobo seasoning
2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for brushing
4 torpedo rolls
4 Tbsp. yellow mustard
½ lb. slow-cooked ham
½ lb. Swiss cheese
32 hamburger dill chips
Grill topper (to press sandwiches)
- Oil grates. Preheat grill on medium-high.
- Brush tenderloin with 2 Tbsp. of oil and season with adobo.
- Center tenderloin on grate at 10:00, the other at 4:00 (visualizing a clock face). Cover and cook 3 min. Without flipping, rotate roast so ends face 8:00 and 2:00. Cover and cook 3 more min.
- Turn off center burner. Flip tenderloin, cover and cook until meat thermometer in thickest area registers 145,˚ 9 to 12 min.
- Transfer to warm platter, tent with foil and let rest 5 to 10 min. before cutting into ½" slices.
- Turn center burner back on. Partially split rolls, leaving one side connected so it opens like a book.
- Spread one side of each roll with mustard, then layer with equal portions of ham, sliced pork, cheese and, finally, sliced pickle.
- Close sandwiches and press firmly. NOTE: A plate works for this.
- Brush outsides of rolls with olive oil and arrange in center of grill. Carefully weigh down sandwiches with grill topper or spare grill grate.
- Cook, flipping once (replacing weight after turning), until the cheese begins to melt and the crust of the roll gets crispy, about 2 to 3 min. per side.
- Serve immediately with plantain chips or sliced avocado on the side and an ice-cold lager.
Per Serving: 790 cal. • 40g fat • 62g protein
About Chef Glenn
In his previous career as a highly successful corporate salesman, Glenn turned to cooking as a way to relax. What was a sideline passion developed into a full-blown career providing personal chef services through GCooks.com to NBA Champion LeBron James. Not bad for a self-taught cook! Today, Chef Glenn creates meal plans for a roster of pro-athlete clients that includes Pro Bowl Wide Receiver Steve Smith, NASCAR Cup Champion Jeff Gordon, and Olympic medalist Ryan Lochte. He is passionate about empowering people to create great-tasting, homestyle meals in a healthful way for the whole family to enjoy.