We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Grilled Pasta Pescatore (Seafood Pasta)
What You Need:
1 (16 oz.) pkg. spaghetti, cooked and drained
5 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 (24 oz.) pkg. grape tomatoes
2 red bell peppers, seeded, cut into 1" strips
1 organic yellow onion, cut into ½" wedges
Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 lb. each extra large shrimp and sea scallops, defrosted in refrigerator
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Toss hot pasta with 2 Tbsp. of oil; set aside uncovered.
- Place tomatoes in oiled grill basket. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shriveled with grill marks, 2 to 3 min. Place in food processor; return grill basket to grill.
- In a medium bowl, drizzle 2 Tbsp. of the oil over peppers and onion. Toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetables to hot grill basket. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender with deep grill marks, about 6 min. Add vegetables to food processor with tomatoes; set aside to cool while seafood cooks; return basket to grill.
- In a medium bowl, drizzle remaining oil over scallops and shrimp. Toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to hot grill basket. Cook, stirring frequently, until scallops are translucent and shrimp turns pink and begins to curl. Transfer to warm plate and return basket to grill.
- Pulse tomatoes and vegetables to create a thick, chunky sauce. Add Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper; pulse a few times to mix. Taste and, if necessary, adjust seasoning. Pulse to combine; set aside.
- Add pasta to hot grill basket. Cook, tossing with grill tongs, until hot, about 1 min. Divide between 8 dishes and top with sauce and seafood. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 400 cal. • 10g fat • 26g protein
For faster weeknight meals, cook pasta the day before. Drain, toss with oil and refrigerate until needed. Follow step 8 to reheat, increasing time as needed.