We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Grilled Summer Squash Sandwiches
What You Need:
1½ lb. Yellow Squash, washed
¼ cup Wellsley Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. McCormick Italian Seasoning
1 tsp. Morton’s Sea Salt
1 loaf Wellsley Farms Take and Bake Bread
¼ cup Pasta Primo Pesto
2 – 3 Roma Tomatoes, sliced thinly (optional)
BelGioioso Sliced Fresh Mozzarella
- Preheat grill on Medium or light coals. Cut ends from squash. With chef’s knife or mandolin, slice lengthwise into thin, even pieces about ¼" thick. Place in glass baking dish.
- Blend together olive oil, seasoning and salt. Pour over squash, turning to coat completely.
- Arrange squash on oiled grate or grill topper. Cook until tender with well-‐ defined grill marks, turning halfway through, about 8 min. Remove to warm platter.
- Slice bread in half horizontally. Brush inside of top and bottom with pesto. Arrange squash on bottom of loaf, overlapping pieces slightly. Top with tomato and sliced mozzarella.
- Place top on loaf and return to grill. Cover and cook 1 min. Turn over, cover the grill and cook 1 more min.
- Slice and serve immediately with a green garden salad and iced tea.