We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Grilled Summer Veggie Pasta Salad
What You Need:
The key to this dish is to grill the veggies in large pieces and cut them into bite size pieces when they are just cooked and crisp-tender.
For the grilled vegetables:
1 red onion, sliced into thick rounds
2 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
2 summer squash, sliced in half lengthwise
1 each yellow, green and red bell pepper, seeded halved lengthwise
Morton’ Sea Salt
McCormick Black pepper
Pam Cooking Spray
For the pasta salad:
8 ounces of Barilla Rotini or Farfalle Pasta
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
8 ounces Citterio Hard Salami cut into 1” pieces
8 ounces Lioni Hand Wrapped Mozzarella cheese cut into 1” pieces
2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
1/2 teaspoon Morton’s Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon McCormick Black Pepper
1/4 cup Locatelli Grated Romano Cheese
3 green onions, sliced for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Remove from heat and toss in 2 tablespoons salad dressing. Allow to cool.
- Place all veggies (except tomatoes), coated with cooking spray, in a single layer on hot grill. Season lightly with sea salt and pepper. Allow to cook until they are crisp-tender and slightly charred on both sides, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove veggies from grill and slice into bite sized pieces when cool enough to handle. Add vegetables and remaining ingredients to pasta and toss gently to combine. Drizzle remaining dressing and toss gently to coat. Garnish with green onion and more Romano cheese if desired.
- Best served at room temperature.
About Chef Glenn
In his previous career as a highly successful corporate salesman, Glenn turned to cooking as a way to relax. What was a sideline passion developed into a full-blown career providing personal chef services to NBA Champion LeBron James. Not bad for a self-taught cook! Today, Chef Glenn creates meal plans for a roster of pro-athlete clients that includes Pro Bowl Wide Receiver Steve Smith, NASCAR Cup Champion Jeff Gordon, and Olympic medalist Ryan Lochte. He is passionate about empowering people to create great-tasting, homestyle meals in a healthful way for the whole family to enjoy.