We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Holiday Heritage Stuffing (Gluten-Free)
What You Need:
2 Tbsp. Wesson Vegetable Oil
1 Wellsley Farms Yellow Onions, chopped
1 Foxy Organic Celery Heart, finely chopped
1 Carrot, peeled, finely chopped
2 Gala Apples, peeled, cored, roughly chopped
Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
3 Amylu Apple & Gouda Cheese Chicken Sausages, chopped
1½ cups Swanson Chicken Broth
1 tsp. Poultry Seasoning Mix
1 tsp. McCormick Parsley
½ cup Ocean Spray Craisins
½ cup Earth's Pride Organics Quinoa, rinsed and drained, per pkg. directions
½ cup Lundberg Brown Basmati Rice, rinsed and drained, per pkg. directions
½ cup Pecan Pieces, toasted (optional)
- Heat oil in a deep sauté pan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, celery, carrot and apple. Sauté, stirring, until soft and onions are translucent, about 10 min.
- Stir in quinoa, brown rice and sausage. Season well with salt and pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, until grains are golden-brown.
- Add broth, herbs and Craisins to pan; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until all liquid is absorbed and grains are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add pecan pieces and toss to mix. Fluff with a fork and spoon into serving bowl.
TIP: Serve the stuffing right in the Dutch oven so it's easier to reheat.
Per Serving: 250 cal., 8g fat, 4g fiber, 11g protein