We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
What You Need:
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, cut up into 6 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Heat granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a heat-resistant rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Sugar will form clumps and eventually melt into a thick brown, amber-colored liquid as you continue to stir. Be careful not to burn.
- Once sugar is completely melted, immediately add the butter. caramel will bubble rapidly when the butter is added.
- Stir butter into the caramel until it is completely melted, about 2-3 min.
- Very slowly, drizzle in 1⁄2 cup of heavy cream while stirring. since the heavy cream is colder than the caramel, the mixture will bubble rapidly and may splatter when added.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 1 min. it will rise in the pan as it boils.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool down before using.
Chef's Tip: Make the caramel in advance. Just be sure it is covered tightly, and store it for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Warm the caramel up for a few seconds before using in a recipe. it will keep for a day at room temperature if you’re traveling or gifting it.