We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Organic Chicken with Mustard & Apples (Gluten-Free)
What You Need:
6 strips Applegate Farms All Natural Sunday Bacon, diced
4 (6 oz.) Harvestland by Perdue Organic Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
1 Wellsley Farms Organic Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
2 Organic Gala Apples, peeled, cored, sliced ¼” thick
⅓ cup brandy (optional)
1 cup Apple Juice OR apple cider (in season)
¼ cup FRENCH’S® Classic Yellow® Mustard
⅓ cup Land O’Lakes Heavy Cream
1 tsp. McCormick Thyme
- Sauté bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until it’s crispy and fat has rendered, about 5 min. With slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels to drain; set aside.
- Remove all but 2 Tbsp. of fat from hot skillet, reserving in a small, heat-proof bowl until needed. Add chicken to pan and cook, flipping once, until well-browned on both sides, about 8 min. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet, reduce heat to medium and sauté, adding 1 Tbsp. of reserved bacon drippings if necessary, until almost tender, about 4 min.
- Add apples to skillet and continue sautéing, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 more min.
- Pour brandy into pan, increase heat to medium-high and cook until reduced to about 2 Tbsp. Pour cider into pan, bring to boil and continue cooking until reduced by about half.
- Stir in mustard, cream and thyme and continue boiling until sauce coats the back of a spoon, about 2 min.
- Return chicken to pan, reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until chicken reaches 165° in center, 10 to 15 min.
- Remove from heat and let sit covered for 5 min. Serve hot with sauce, mashed Organic Russet Potatoes and Organic Snipped Green Beans.