We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Roast Turkey with Honey Glaze
What You Need:
1 (12 lb.) Butterball Turkey, giblets removed
2 Tropicana Lemons, halved
Morton Table Salt and McCormick Ground Black Pepper, to taste
2 Wellsley Farms Organic Gala Apples, halved
1 Wellsley Farms Organic Yellow Onion, halved
3 Tbsp. Wellsley Farms Salted Butter
½ cup Wellsley Farms Organic Honey
- 30 min. before cooking, remove turkey from refrigerator and rub skin with 1 cut lemon. Season generously inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Place cut lemons, apples and onion inside cavity.
- Heat butter with honey in small saucepan over medium-low, stirring, until butter is just melted and honey flows easily. Pour some of honey mixture into a small bowl.
- Transfer turkey to a roasting pan. Use a pastry brush to coat inside the cavity with honey mixture. Let sit 30 min.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400˚. Place turkey in hot oven and cook 30 min.
- Turn oven down to 350˚. After 30 min., tent bird with foil.
- Cook 2 hr., then remove foil and baste skin with the reserved honey mixture, along with drippings from pan. Replace foil and cook until a meat thermometer in the center registers 175˚, about 1 hr., basting several more times with pan drippings. If pan seems dry, add a little Swanson Chicken Broth.
- Remove foil; baste with remaining honey mixture. Cook until thermometer reaches 180˚, about 10 min.
- Transfer turkey to a warm platter, tent with foil and let sit 15 min. before carving. Serve warm or cold.
Per Serving: 820 cal. • 43g fat • 89g protein