We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Slow Cooker BBQ Pork
What You Need:
8 – 9 lb. Pork Shoulder Boston Butt
3 Tbsp. Chili Powder
Salt and Ground Black Pepper
2 (24 oz.) jars Pasta Sauce
2 cups firmly packed Light Brown Sugar
1 1/2 cup White Vinegar
3 medium Yellow Onions, roughly chopped
6 cloves garlic, chopped
6 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup Water
- Season pork with salt, pepper and chili powder. For extra flavor, dry marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- In early morning, spray 6 1/2-qt. slow cooker with Pam, then add pork.
- Combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl, then pour over pork. Pour water carefully around pork, adding just enough to fill 2/3 of slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 10 to 12 hours or until internal temperature of pork reaches at least 195 degrees and meat literally falls off the bone.
- Carefully remove pork to large platter, and use two forks to shred meat from bone. Return shredded pork to sauce; stir.
- Serve hot on rolls.
Suggested Side: 3-Color Deli Cole Slaw tossed with Coleslaw Dressing.
Product names and other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark holders.
Please use safe handling and cooking procedures when preparing any food. To avoid foodborne illness, the USDA and FDA recommend thoroughly cooking meat, eggs, shellfish, poultry and fish to minimum internal temperatures as measured with a food thermometer. More information is available at http://www.fightbac.org.