We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Slow Cooker Braised Beef Short Ribs
What You Need:
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
2 medium Onions, sliced thin
3 Tbsp. Canola Oil
8 lb. Beef Short Ribs
1½ cups Beef Stock
2 tsp. each Salt and Pepper
- Line cooker with a slow cooker liner or foil (optional). Layer ⅓ of onions over bottom.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Coat ribs in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in heavy-bottomed skillet on medium-high until hot.
- Add half of ribs. Brown well, then flip and brown second side.
- Transfer ribs to slow cooker and top with ⅓ of onions.
- Brown second batch of ribs. Place in slow cooker and top with remaining onions. Pour broth over ribs, and cover. Cook 8 – 10 hours on LOW (4 – 6 hours on HIGH) until meat is falling off bones. (Internal temperature of 190° – 200° on meat thermometer.)
Product names and other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark holders.
Please use safe handling and cooking procedures when preparing any food. To avoid foodborne illness, the USDA and FDA recommend thoroughly cooking meat, eggs, shellfish, poultry and fish to minimum internal temperatures as measured with a food thermometer. More information is available at http://www.fightbac.org.