We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
Southwest Vegetable Soup
What You Need:
1lb. Nature Source Natural 85% Lean Ground Beef
2 Tbsp. McCormick Taco Seasoning, divided
Earth's Pride Organics Sea Salt & All-Natural Black Pepper, to taste
1 cup Berkley & Jensen Pepper & Onion Mix
2 (14.5 oz.) cans Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes
2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, to taste
4 cups Bybee Foods Organic Mixed Vegetables with Shelled Edamame
R.W. Garcia Organic Tortilla Chips, for serving
- Heat 6-qt. pot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef to pan and season with 1 Tbsp. taco mix, salt and pepper. Sauté, breaking up with spoon, until browned, about 5 min.
- Remove ground beef from pan with slotted spoon and drain all but 1 Tbsp. of fat from pan. Add pepper and onion mix and sauté, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 min.
- Add undrained tomatoes, water, broth and remaining seasoning. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir in mixed vegetables and ground beef. Replace cover. Bring pot to a boil again, then immediately reduce heat to low simmer.
- Cook until vegetables are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Divide soup between bowls. Serve immediately with tortilla chips and guacamole on the side.