We know how much effort you put into making your house a home, and at BJ's it's our mission to make that task as simple (and affordable) as we can. We're here to arm you with everything from recipes and holiday hosting ideas to cleaning hacks and savings tips.
How does Meal Planner work? Learn More
What You Need:
5 Sweet Peppers, assorted colors
2 slices Applegate Farms Natural Sunday Bacon, diced
1 Wellsley Farms® Red Onion, finely chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
2 tsp. Earth’s Pride Organics™ Oregano
2 tsp. Earth’s Pride Organics™ Cumin
¼ tsp. Earth’s Pride Organics™ Saigon Cinnamon
¼ tsp. Morton Table Salt
⅛ tsp. McCormick Ground Black Pepper
1 lb. Great Range Ground Bison
1 (6 oz.) pkg. Near East Rice Pilaf, cooked
½ cup Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350° . Slice tops off 4 peppers and scoop out seeds. Dice remaining pepper.
- Sauté bacon in hot skillet on medium heat until fat melts, about 2 minutes.
- Add onion and pepper; cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and spices and cook 1 more minute.
- Add bison to pan and break up with spoon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in prepared pilaf.
- Spoon filling into hollowed-out peppers, dividing equally. Sprinkle on panko crumbs, replace tops and place on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until tender with golden crumbs, about 30 minutes. Serve hot with a green salad.
Product names and other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark holders.
Please use safe handling and cooking procedures when preparing any food. To avoid foodborne illness, the USDA and FDA recommend thoroughly cooking meat, eggs, shellfish, poultry and fish to minimum internal temperatures as measured with a food thermometer. More information is available at www.fightbac.org.